Seeking: Operations Manager
The Company: Fog City Services is a professional staffing company, dedicated to providing skilled, reliable and industrious workers and professionals to a select roster of clients, as well as competitive compensation, benefits and human resources support to its employees and other personnel.
The Clients: The Highland Canopy at Sonoma Hills Farm is a premium-craft cannabis farm and the first full-acre cannabis cultivation business to be licensed to legally operate in Sonoma County. The Chef Ranch at Sonoma Hills Farm is a 5-acre, traditional culinary produce garden, hemp producer, and livestock farm (cattle, sheep, chickens, etc). Both clients sit on Sonoma Hills Farm, 40 acres of land in Sonoma Valley’s Petaluma Gap appellation, one of the nation’s premier wine regions. Sonoma Hills Farm strives to be a cultural and educational intersection of small farm cannabis and traditional agriculture, and produces up to 5 acres of traditional produce, manages livestock hemp, and cannabis. The Chef Ranch will cultivate and produce world-class vegetables, while The Highland Canopy cultivates premium cannabis, each for people who are passionate about plants, from discerning consumers to those in the high-end culinary and hospitality industries.
Description: Fog City Services is seeking an operations manager to assist in streamlining administration of our sales and operations processes. Responsibilities will include inventory management, CRM and sales software build out, light data architecture and modeling, and certain human resources functions.
- Modeling and inventory management:
- Inputting monthly detail for outbound sales into sales management system, separated into retail (Nabis) and bulk (internal tracking)
- Reconciles flower and biomass tracking systems, assists in building solution and then at least monthly audits
- Reconciliation with internal production and cultivation teams and outside accounting team
- Production/packaging tracking: measuring inventory impact and assisting with forward planning
- Organization of Standard Operating Procedures:
- Assist in build-out of standard operating procedures, keeping track on new product types and processes
- Sales Processes:
- Assists in standardizing CRM, Hubspot organization and sales outreach, building diverse sales outreach templates for bulk and retail partners
- Authors weekly menu for then-current product menu and quarterly decks and brand books for seasonal product updates
- Some outreach to key retailers alongside leads sales team
- Asset organization:
- Tracking deliverables from team to key matters such as: image storage, setting schedule for taking photos of flower on the garden and through to nug
- Renaming / building-naming convention for photography and collateral assets, re-saving images to meet Nabis and outside partner standards
- Set new product release details on Nabis marketplace, update marketplace images updated for each new product type
- Coordinating image and description onboarding for products with the various menu displays such as I Heart Jane, Dutchie, Blaze, etc.
- Human Resources:
- Issuing and collecting job submissions and organizing talent
- Onboarding new team members
- Some facilitation of payroll issuance in collaboration accounting team
- Bachelor’s degree or related field experience.
- Proficiency in selling cannabis products in California, or similar field.
- Maintains flexible hours/schedule including participation in evening and weekend promotions & trade shows and assist with special events as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and highly scrutinized regulatory environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Hard work ethic and positive attitude.
- Respect for farm product and fellow co-workers.
- Strong willingness and desire to learn.
- Some experience in inventory management within CPG, food & beverage, or cannabis industries
- Strong grasp of Excel Macros and good acumen with financial tracking solutions such as Quickbooks, Bill.com, etc.
- Light grasp of Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva and other design softwares
- Strong organizational skills, keen eye for detail
- Maintains flexible hours/schedule
- Ability to work in a fast paced and highly scrutinized regulatory environment
- Hard work ethic and positive attitude
- Respect for fellow co-workers
- Strong willingness and desire to learn
- Must have California Driver’s license and be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Travel throughout California (must have car, insurance, ability to drive and interest in travel)
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry, including a background check, reference check, and must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
To apply, please attach a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should let us know why you want to join our team and why we should want to hire you.
Fog City Ventures, LLC (d/b/a as “Fog City Services”) is the staffing company for Sonoma Hills Farm. Fog City Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.