Seeking: Production Team
The Company: Fog City Services is a professional staffing company, dedicated to providing skilled, reliable and industrious workers and professionals to a select roster of clients, as well as competitive compensation, benefits and human resources support to its employees and other personnel.
The Clients: The Highland Canopy at Sonoma Hills Farm is a premium-craft cannabis farm and the first full-acre cannabis cultivation business to be licensed to legally operate in Sonoma County. The Chef Ranch at Sonoma Hills Farm is a 5-acre, traditional culinary produce garden, hemp producer, and livestock farm (cattle, sheep, chickens, etc). Both clients sit on Sonoma Hills Farm, 40 acres of land in Sonoma Valley’s Petaluma Gap appellation, one of the nation’s premier wine regions. Sonoma Hills Farm strives to be a cultural and educational intersection of small farm cannabis and traditional agriculture, and produces up to 5 acres of traditional produce, manages livestock hemp, and cannabis. The Chef Ranch will cultivate and produce world-class vegetables, while The Highland Canopy cultivates premium cannabis, each for people who are passionate about plants, from discerning consumers to those in the high-end culinary and hospitality industries.
Description: Fog City Services is seeking production staff to join our team to assist in the post-harvest process. Responsibilities will include handling of flower, trimming, packaging, sorting, and inventory organization. These roles will be available beginning in the Fall of 2021.
Hiring for part-time and full-time temporary staff to complete trim, packaging and production tasks, ranging Role Responsibilities may include:
- Great attention to detail and a strong baseline of knowledge on cannabis industry standards for processing quality flower
- Care and consideration in processing product in preparation for trimming or packaging into jars
- Participation in preparation of packaging materials, including box configuration and labeling
- Removal of fan leaves and stalks, while maintaining plant integrity
- Ability to identify and sort through diseased, damaged, molded materials
- Ability to identify specific strain types and sort accordingly
- Accountability for quality control along the production and packaging line
- Acumen and attention to detail completing paperwork and production logs
- Trimming, preparing packaging, and processing finished flower into final products
- Ability to follow and refine operating procedures and instructions with focus on compliance and quality control
- Participating in and accountable for quality control along the production line
- Cleaning and organizing work space
- Leads by example, serves as a strong advocate for the Sonoma Hills Farm mission and core values.
- Quality control experience and proficiency in handling cannabis or similar crop.
- Role may require frequent standing in place, and repetitive handwork.
- Good time management and efficient workflow.
- Maintains flexible hours/schedule.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and highly scrutinized regulatory environment.
- Hard work ethic and positive attitude.
- Respect for farm product and fellow co-workers.
- Strong willingness and desire to learn.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry, including a background check, reference check, and must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
To apply, please attach a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should let us know why you want to join our team and why we should want to hire you.
Please note that the regulations and laws of The State of California require persons working onsite at a cannabis facility to be at least 21 years of age.
Fog City Ventures, LLC (d/b/a as “Fog City Services”) is the staffing company for Sonoma Hills Farm. Fog City Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.