Seeking: Seasonal and Harvest Farm Team (Seasonal positions)
The Company: Fog City Services is a professional staffing company, dedicated to providing skilled, reliable and industrious workers and professionals to a select roster of clients, as well as competitive compensation, benefits and human resources support to its employees and other personnel.
The Clients: The Highland Canopy at Sonoma Hills Farm is a premium-craft cannabis farm and the first full-acre cannabis cultivation business to be licensed to legally operate in Sonoma County. Sonoma Hills Farm strives to be a cultural and educational intersection of small farm cannabis and traditional agriculture, and produces up to 5 acres of traditional produce, manages livestock, hemp, and cannabis. The Highland Canopy cultivates premium cannabis for people who are passionate about plants, from discerning consumers to those in the high-end culinary and hospitality industries.
Description: Fog City Services is seeking ambitious individuals to join our team in Sonoma County, CA to provide daily labor for The Highland Canopy client in maintenance, harvesting, processing, and general cultivation assistance.
- Plant experience preferred
- De-leafing and general plant maintenance
- Harvest crew will cut down plants, cut and remove plants from trellis netting, assist in weighing and binning, and hang and prepare the product for curing and processing
- Clean harvest room areas (sweep/mop/disinfect)
- All tasks and handling with care and concern for plants
- Apply health and safety standards across the farm estate
- Background in the cannabis industry encouraged
- Strong verbal communication skills with managers and co-workers
- Hard work ethic and positive attitude, gives and receives constructive criticism with an open mind
- Attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Respect for farm product and fellow co-workers
- Strong willingness and desire to learn
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, and to perform in the elements, including hot summer sun and cold winter rains, and to work on your feet for long hours.
- High tolerance to plant allergens
- Punctuality is mandatory
- Five day work weeks, and some shifts may include weekends
- Shifts available between these hours (all 8 hours shifts w/ occasional over-time), some shifts will begin early during harvest, but typical work-day commences at 8am:
- Weekday hours: 4:30am-4pm
- Weekend hours: 6am-4pm
- Must be 21+ years old.
- Collaborative work environment and experience in an emerging market
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, caring, and motivated team
- We value diversity and inclusivity
Type: Seasonal and on-call, 8 hour shifts for a minimum of 1-week and up to 1-month
Hourly wage: Pay scale $18-$22 depending on experience
To apply, please attach a resume and cover letter to an email entitled “Harvest Team.” Your cover letter should let us know why you want to work in our garden and why we should want to hire you. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fog City Ventures, LLC (d/b/a as “Fog City Services”) is the staffing company for Sonoma Hills Farm. Fog City Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.