Seeking: Farm Team
The Company: Fog City Services is a professional staffing company, dedicated to providing skilled, reliable and industrious workers and professionals to a select roster of clients, as well as competitive compensation, benefits and human resources support to its employees and other personnel.
The Clients: The Highland Canopy at Sonoma Hills Farm is a premium-craft cannabis farm and the first full-acre cannabis cultivation business to be licensed to legally operate in Sonoma County. The Chef Ranch at Sonoma Hills Farm is a 5-acre, traditional culinary produce garden, hemp producer, and livestock farm (cattle, sheep, chickens, etc). Both clients sit on Sonoma Hills Farm, 40 acres of land in Sonoma Valley’s Petaluma Gap appellation, one of the nation’s premier wine regions. Sonoma Hills Farm strives to be a cultural and educational intersection of small farm cannabis and traditional agriculture, and produces up to 5 acres of traditional produce, manages livestock hemp, and cannabis. The Chef Ranch will cultivate and produce world-class vegetables, while The Highland Canopy cultivates premium cannabis, each for people who are passionate about plants, from discerning consumers to those in the high-end culinary and hospitality industries.
Description: Fog City Services is seeking farm staff to join our team in Sonoma County, CA to provide daily labor for The Highland Canopy and Chef Ranch clients. Responsibilities will include harvesting, planting, seeding, weeding, tilling, prepping, and mulching, as well as daily maintenance of both annual seasonal crops and farm animals.
- Undertake practical activities, such as driving tractors, operating machinery, moving feed for livestock or spraying fields
- Purchase and maintain supplies, such as fertilizer, seeds, gasoline, equipment purchasing, etc.
- Handling, feeding, and caring for livestock
- Arrange the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment
- Maintain and monitor the quality of yield, whether livestock or crops
- Understand the implications of the weather and make contingency plans
- Implement waste reduction processes and improvements
- Monitor animal health and welfare, including liaising with vets
- Maintain knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them
- Apply health and safety standards across the farm estate
- Protect the environment and maintaining biodiversity
- Markets the farm products by being a purveyor
- Proven experience as a Farm Hand or relevant position
- Well-versed in operations and facilities management best practices
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Hard work ethic and positive attitude
- Respect for farm product and fellow co-workers
- Strong willingness and desire to learn
- Ability to perform in the elements, including hot summer sun and cold winter rains.
- Must have California Driver’s license and be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Adaptability to the rapidly changing cannabis industry regulatory environment.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry, including a background check, reference check, and must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
To apply, please attach a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should let us know why you want to work in our garden and why we should want to hire you.
Fog City Ventures, LLC (d/b/a as “Fog City Services”) is the staffing company for Sonoma Hills Farm. Fog City Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.